Colorado Unclaimed Property
The Colorado State Treasurer seeks to reunite you with your Colorado unclaimed property as the state maintains a list of over 1.7 million names of individuals as well as businesses for whom property is owed. Following these easy steps will reunite you with your money.
Tutorial on Finding Your Colorado Unclaimed Property
- Once on the Colorado Office of State Treasurer page you'll find the link Search Property and Claim Status. The title of this page is The Great Colorado Payback.
- If you're an individual or are searching for an individual click the top box. If you're a business looking for a claim click on the second box. The third box will allow you to check the status of a claim you've already submitted.
- You are then required to enter your last name. All the other info that has field boxes available is optional to enter but any info you can enter is encouraged to narrow your search. You are then required to enter the symbols in the reCAPTHCA box.
- You'll then find a list of individuals with your name. Find the address that you lived at at one time and check the box next to your name and click "submit."
- You'll then review your information and click "submit" again. You then must read a User Agreement and agree to the conditions.
- At that time you must enter information into several fields including name, address, phone number and the relationship of the owner of the property. "Self" is chosen from a drop down box if it is you but if you are claiming for someone else you must declare your relationship to the owner.
- The next page requires you to have Adobe Reader to print your claim form. If you don't have Adobe Reader you can download it here. Upon downloading and installing Adobe Reader click the link that is step number 2 to bring up the claim form that you then must print off a hard copy.
- Sign and notarize the claim for and include any necessary documentation. Mail the claim form to:
Colorado Department of Treasury
Unclaimed Property Division
1580 Logan St.
Denver, CO 80203
If you already have a claim submitted you can check the status of you claim here.