Georgia Unclaimed Property
It's easy and free to find your Georgia unclaimed property. Georgia's Department of Revenue maintains a database that will enable you to find your money. Follow this short tutorial to help you find your money.
Tutorial on Finding Your Georgia Unclaimed Money
- Clicking the link here will take you to the Georgia Department of Revenue. Once on the page you'll find three boxes the first of which will take you to the database to find your money
- You're then required to enter your last name and the city that you had lived in at one time specifically when you believe you were owed money. Entering your first name will help narrow the search and is recommended.
- A list will then return with names matching the one you entered and the city. Finding your claim may be difficult if your name is common. If you do find yours check the box next to it and click "submit form."
- You will then be asked to fill out some information such as full name, address, email address, phone number. When finished at the bottom is a button called "Request claim form." Be sure to put in your current mailing address because they use it to send you a claim request form.
- After clicking that you will be informed that a claim form will be sent to the address that you entered and you can expect to wait up to 21 days to receive it.
- Once you receive the form make sure that you fill it out completely, sign it, and include any other documentation that is requested to help you claim your money. This may include a photocopy of your photo ID. Mail completed form to:
Georgia Department of Revenue
Unclaimed Property Program
4125 Welcome All Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30349
Phone inquiries can be made Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:45pm at (855) 329-9863.