Nebraska Unclaimed Property

It's simple to find your Nebraska unclaimed property. Nebraska maintains a database of unclaimed money and property and they make the information of whose owed money available. Just follow our easy tutorial and you'll have your money in your pocket in no time.

Tutorial on Finding your Nebraska Unclaimed Property

  1. Once on the Nebraska State Treasurer's Office Division of Unclaimed Property page you'll see a tan box in the middle of the page that says, "Search Unclaimed Property." Enter your first and last name and then click "Search."
  2. A list of names matching yours along with the county that the claim came from and a very rough idea of how much money there is to claim is next to each listing. If you find a listing that you believe you have a right to claim then click "Submit Claim" to the right of the listing.
  3. Fill out the information necessary to process your claim which includes your birthdate as well as Social Security number. Provide any former addresses that you have lived at in the past 10 years in the box labeled "former addresses" as well as your current address in the information boxes below.
  4. You'll also have to provide your phone number and email address so that you can be contacted about your claim.
  5. Once you have all the necessary information filled out click "Submit" at the bottom of the page. The Treasurer's office will then review your claim and contact you most likely by email to continue the process.
  6. If you don't wish to send information over the internet you may fill out this form from a computer, print it out, and mail it in to the Nebraska State Treasurer's Office. This option, of course, will take longer to process but some may prefer this. You will need to download and install Adobe Reader which will enable you to fill in the form and print it off. Download Adobe Reader here and click here to view and fill out the PDF form.
  7. The form must be signed by a notary public and must include a photo copy of your state issued id, a copy of your social security card, and a list of all the addresses that you've lived at in the last 10 years.
  8. Once the form is filled out and printed mail it to:

Nebraska State Treasurer

Unclaimed Property Division

809 P Street

Lincoln, NE 68508-1390

Nebraska Unclaimed Property