North Carolina Unclaimed Property
It's possible that you have North Carolina Unclaimed Property. It's free to search and claim so let us walk you through the steps to getting the money in your hand. We've navigated through the steps and we'll show the easiest and fastest way.
Tutorial on Finding Your North Carolina Unclaimed Property
- Click here to start the search for your unclaimed property. In the box below what at first looks like a pickle with a face on it, but is actually a dollar bill with a face, you enter your last name or business name and your first name. Your first name is optional but suggested to help narrow your search.
- There will be a list returned with addresses next to the names. Find your address or one you lived at at one time. Click "Generate Claim" to the right of the address.
- You'll need to fill in your first and last name, current address, and daytime. Once the required fields are filled out which are denoted by a red asterisk click the button on the botton called "continue."
- You then must check the information you entered in for accuracy one more time. If satisfied then click "continue" once again.
- To print the form click on the link that says, "Print your claim form in HTML Version". This will bring a page up that will show you what the form will look like when it is printed. Within your web browser print the form. You usually do this by pulling down the "File" menu at the top of the screen and there you'll find the print option.
- On that page you'll also find detailed instructions on what needs to be included with the signed form. Concisely you should include a copy of your state issued id, a copy of your social security card or tax id, and proof that you live at your current address such as a bank statement or utility bill.
- The form must also be notarized and once all is ready mail it to:
Department of State Treasurer
Unclaimed Property Program
P.O. Box 20431
Raleigh, NC 27619-0431
If you have any questions, please call the Unclaimed Property office at (919) 508-1000.