North Dakota Unclaimed Property
It's easy and it's free to search for and claim your North Dakota unclaimed property. The state could be holding some of your money that you didn't know you had. We'll walk you through the steps necessary to make a claim and the best way to expedite the process so that you can have the money in your hand in no time. We've already done all the steps so we know the shortcuts.
Tutorial on Finding Your North Dakota Unclaimed Property
- Clicking here will take you to the page where you will start your search. You will type in the information field box your last name or business name. The city and zip code is optional but suggested if you believe it can help narrow your search.
- Clicking "Search" will bring back a list of names matching the information you entered. Find yours by locating an address that you currently live at or once did.
- Select the property to claim by checking the box to the left. Then at the bottom of the page click "Select Claim."
- A box will pop up saying that to continue here you'll need access to a printer to print of the form. If you don't have access to a printer then call the unclaimed property office at 701-328-2800 for assistance.
- If you do have assistance to a printer and you advanced you'll have to specify whether the name on the property to be claimed is yours or someone else's or a business.
- If it's you then it will ask if your name has been changed from the way it is listed. Then it will ask if the "Reported Address" the current correct address of the owner?
- After clicking "Next" you'll be required to fill in information such as your first and last name, address, and email address. Then select how you heard about even looking for your unclaimed money.
- The next page will again tell you that you need a printer and you don't have one to print off the form to call 701-328-2800. There is a button named, "Download your claim from here." Clicking it will begin the download. To view the document you will need Adobe Reader. Click here to download Adobe Reader.
- Your claim, once printed, will need to be notarized. Then send the signed form to:
ND Unclaimed Property
PO Box 5523
Bismarck, ND 58506-5523