Utah Unclaimed Property
There has been over 14 million dollars of Utah unclaimed property paid out to it's owners since July of 2011. There could be a chance that you are owed money you didn't know you had. It's free to search and make a claim and it is certainly worth the time. Maybe some family or friends have money they didn't know about either. Come let us help you get your money in your hand.
Tutorial on Finding Your Utah Unclaimed Property
- Click here to go to the page that you will start your search on. In the middle of the page you'll see information field boxes that you enter your first and last name. You must also prove you are not a robot by entering the letters and/or numbers in the box below that. Click "Search" to continue.
- Find your property by reviewing the addresses and check the box next to it if you find some that is yours. You may select multiple claims if there are more than one that are yours.
- Once you are satisfied you have located all of your properties click "Claim Properties."
- You then have the option to either print your form if you have access to a printer, which is the suggested option because you will get the claim mailed in much sooner which means it will be processed much sooner which means you'll have your money sooner. If, however, you don't have access to a printer you can have the office mail the form to you. If you must do this then click the button named "Request by Mail."
- To print the form click the button called "Submit Claim." This will bring up the form that you can then print.
- The form must be signed, notarized, and include a copy of your state issued id, a copy of your social security card, and a copy of a bank statement or bill that has your current address on it to prove you live at the address. Mail the completed form and other required documents to:
Utah State Treasurer
Unclaimed Property Division
PO Box 140530
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-0530
Telephone (801) 715-3300
Toll Free (888) 217-1203