Vermont Unclaimed Property

It's very possible that you have Vermont unclaimed property. Every year there is hundreds of thousands of dollars reported to the State of Vermont. The state then makes these records available to anyone to aid in returning this money and property to its rightful owners. Come see if you have any money that has gone unclaimed. It's certainly worth your time.

Tutorial on Finding Your Vermont Unclaimed Property

  1. Click here to go to the page where you will start your search. In the middle of the page you'll see a link that reads "Search Now for Unclaimed Property!" Click on it.
  2. You then enter your last name and it's optional to enter the town. Entering the town may be useful to help narrow your search.
  3. A list of names with the addresses will then be returned. Find your property and click the 6 digit number to the left of the name. You now have two options depending on whether you have access to a printer. If you have a printer then click the link that brings up the page that allows you to print off the form. If you don't have a printer then skip to step number 5.
  4. Fill out the form in its entirety and have it notarized. There are directions on the form as to what other documents are needed to be sent with the form to prove that you are the owner of the claim. Be sure to read the directions carefully so that you can include all of the documents needed to avoid a delay in processing your claim. You may choose to do an express claim if the claim is for less than $200. There are directions on how to do that on the form that is printed.
  5. If you don't have access to a printer you must fill out the information field boxes provided then submit it. You will be sent the form with your information on it so that you can sign it, have it notarized, include the required documents and mail it to:

Vermont Unclaimed Property Division

State Treasurer's Office

109 State Street, 4th Floor

Montpelier, VT 05609-6200

Phone: 802-828-2407

Toll-Free (VT only): 1-800-642-3191

Required Documents

  • Include a copy of an Identification Card, for example: Driver’s License, Passport, and Non-driver’s ID.
  • If your name has changed, please provide us with documentation of that (marriage certificate, divorce decree).
  • Provide evidence of the address listed on the web-site (For examples, utility bill, tax forms, old driver’s license, bank statements, or divorce papers.)

Vermont Unclaimed Property