Washington State Unclaimed Property
You very well may have some Washington State unclaimed property waiting for you. The state holds money that belongs to individuals and businesses that at one time had money that was not claimed so the state wants to get the money in the rightful owner's hands. Let us walk you through the steps to get this done.
Tutorial on Finding Your Washington State Unclaimed Property
- Clicking here will take you to the page that you will begin your search on. Enter your first and last name then click "Search" at the bottom of the page.
- There will be a list of names in blocks of 10 returned along with the city. Be sure to check the other pages if there are more than 10 listings returned.
- Clicking on the name will give a more detailed description of the property waiting to be claimed. If you find a property that could be yours click the button at the bottom of the page that reads "Pursue Claim."
- You'll then be required to create a username and password to finish the claim process. Your information will be kept safe and this will enable you to track your claim's progress after you submit one.
- To create a login click, "join now." Enter your first and last name, email address, and phone number in the boxes provided then click "Next."
- Create a unique username to use. To increase the likelihood that your username is unique use a number in your username. The next step is to fill out your mailing information along with your social security information. They make a point to note that the site is secure so you shouldn't worry about entering your social security number.
- You then can print the claim form with your information already on it. You also may have to include a copy of your state issued id as well as proof of your current address by including a copy of a bank statement or bill that has your address on it.
Department of Revenue
Unclaimed Property Section
PO Box 47477
Olympia, WA 98504-7477